Anglers are looking for the edge that will provide them with great fishing results. The Raymarine Dragonfly 7 Combo provides photo like displays of the bottom of the river / lake as well as images of fish in your area on a split screen display. It comes with Navionics Gold for the US and Canada, brackets, transducer and GPS mapping capabilities.
Consumers can order several different versions of this fish finder. It can be ordered with and without C-Mapp Cartography for various countries as well as Navionics cartography for the US,
The Advantages Of Raymarine Dragonfly 7
- Large Screen – 7-inch display, bright and usable in full sun conditions
- Split Screen – that displays both fish swimming near your watercraft as well as providing a bottom view underneath your boat.
- Clear picture – almost photo-like clarity and imagery using CHIRP sonar technology
- Ease of Use – once the device is installed, power up and begin using it in minutes
- Micro SD Slot – the unit comes with a micro SD card for storing routes and waypoints. This card is also used for software updates
- GPS – provides
precisemapping of where you are, using a 50 channel GPS sensor.
- Clear Images using CHIRP Technology – the images are amazing as reported by both the company as well as customers who have provided reviews on the unit. Combine with split screen capability and you can see both the fish in your area as well as the bottom display underneath your boat.
- Trackback Feature – to store search history and waypoint information. There is no need to retrace your route.
Raymarine Dragonfly 7 Pros And Cons
- Clear Images – allow anglers to differentiate between fish types, bottom conditions including old wrecks or other structures that might trap fishing lines etc.
- Packaging – everything you need to get started is included – cabling, transducer, brackets and manual.
- Ease of Use – installation may require some tools and skills which for some people may be challenging. Turn to a professional if you are uncomfortable. Once installed it is easy to use with an intuitive setup wizard to lead you through the steps.
- Language Support – several languages are supported for both the unit as well as the manuals.
- Use in all kinds of Weather – use in bright sunny conditions, rain or nighttime. The display is bright and clear for all conditions.
- Cabling – You may need an extension cable if you have a larger boat. Confirm cable lengths required before you complete your order.
- Shipping – shipping in the US is provided at this time.
- Software Updates – are provided from time to time to update functionality and to tweak
softwareto provide better performance. You will need to use your micro SD card to complete this step. Always make sure that you have fully backed up your files, routes, waypoints etc.
- Interference – Some customers have reported interference from other units. Location of the transducer about other electronic devices must be considered.
How To Setup Dragonfly 7 Properly
Installation of the Raymarine Dragonfly 7 is pretty straightforward if you follow the guidelines provided. The most important step is to plan your installation, i.e.
Once the physical installation is completed, you will want to review the controls and follow the initial
A series of checks needs to be performed including GPS checks, depth offset, sonar check, down vision checks, and of course the various applications. It is a good idea to follow through with all of these to make sure the unit is installed correctly as well as learn how to use it.
- Related: Review of Raymarine Dragonfly 5 Pro
Maintaining And Cleaning
There are no serviceable parts to the Raymarine Dragonfly 7 system. Routinely check all connections and cables to make sure there are no loose connections or abrasions on the cable. Wipe the screen with a soft microfiber cloth only. Never use anything abrasive as this could ruin the screen. Switch off the display and wash with clean fresh water. Remove any smears with a gentle wipe of a microfiber cloth.
Can the units change to metric?
Customers can change from feet to meters and Fahrenheit to Celsius displays.
Can the transducer be removed?
It is not easy to remove the transducer after each outing. The cable is hardwired to the transducer so the cable would need to be removed at the same time.
Can the memory card be moved to another fish finder?
Memory cards can be moved from one device to another as long as they accept the cards. Waypoints etc can be saved on the memory card.
Can the transducer cable be installed through the hull?
If you need to take the cable through the hull, then a professional installer should install the unit to avoid water leakage.
Where can I get a Manual?
The Raymarine Dragonfly 7 comes with installation instructions and operational instructions. Manuals can download from the company website.
With a large bright screen, the Raymarine Dragonfly 7 is one unit that anglers will appreciate. Add in the split screen capability, the GPS mapping, clear images and ease of use; this fish finder will be enjoyed by every fisherman. The price may be a little on the high side for amateurs, however, if you are a dedicated fisherman, this is the right unit to consider. Reviews are positive overall. An extra extension cable may be needed depending on boat size.